Living: Shelter In and Chill
It’s been awhile since I last wrote something here…and a lot has happened since then. Like most people, I’m sheltering in place. I can also add that I’m a little over 4 months pregnant. Keeping calm during this pandemic is not only advised, it’s necessary.
Taking a Step Back
I’ve taken a step back from social media because I’m exhausted by it. I’m posting less and reading more joyous things. And it’s been so good for me. I’m inspired by my community, and how we continue to support each other creatively in spite of the current crisis. With that being said, I’ve been thinking about ways that have kept me chill through this whole thing. I tried to keep my list a bit simple because there’s joy in the small things. If you’ve done anything that relaxes you during this time, share below!
- Lo-Fi Hiphop on Spotify: I meditate to this channel. It’s like listening to rain on a cold night which I found relaxing.
- Socks that make you happy: I love looking down at my feet and seeing a a whimsical pair of socks like these ones from Hansel from Basel.
- A movie you can watch over and over again: It was Joseph Gordon-Levitt who said that Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the movie that makes him “fall in love with life and art and everyone and everything.” Same Joseph. Same.
- Making your space smell good: whether it’s from candles, sprays, essential oils, or aromas from the kitchen, taking a deep breath in of a good smell feels awesome. It refreshes me and my space. I bought the Melodist gift set from Aesop as a Christmas gift for the husband as he’s also big on good clean scents.
- Having lots of blankets: I’m been big on blankets. In fact, I had my baby blanket until I was about 16. It’s always been comforting for me especially when I can just lay on the couch and cocoon in a nice thick blanket.
- Girls Night In Club:I found them right when the shelter in place started. It’s nice to have a space on the internet that just provides ways to stay calm, stay creative, and stay connected. Plus the introvert in me absolutely loves this idea.