Playtime: Afternoon Tea
I wanted to create a new series on the blog inspired by Erin Boyle from Reading my Tea Leaves and her Make-Believe Series. My focus is on imagining and planning out a fun weekend activity with an ethical and sustainable spin.
The first in the series is all about spending a lovely spring afternoon sipping on tea…both literal and figurative. Last weekend, I had the opportunity to attend an afternoon tea tasting with London Tea Club and my dear friend Giulia of Palm Trees and Pellegrino. Giulia invited me and I jumped at the chance when she told me that it would be at The Assembly SF.
Imagine this: an actual warm day in San Francisco, sitting in a beautiful backyard with a group of fellow creatives while drinking teas from small farms in Asia, and getting educated about the process. I’ve been trying to practice slower intentional days, and this was exactly what I needed.
Here’s how I envision an afternoon tea with friends or even just by yourself:
- Opening a monthly subscription to London Tea Club. They source all of their natural and organic teas from small farms in Asia. The teas are selected to complement the seasons with a focus on tuning our bodies to be in harmony with nature.
- Feeling like Princess Diana in the ’80s with the Jayme Dress from Tigre et Tigre.
- Adding a touch of whimsy and color with the Chiara Pastel Combo from Intentionally Blank
- Sip your tea slowly with a Heath Ceramics Teacup and Saucer
- It can take hours to read and sift through Kinfolk Magazine mainly because it’s gorgeous and thought provoking. It’s the perfect read for an afternoon of relaxation.