I promised myself two things when I found out I was pregnant: 1. Wear my regular clothes for as long as I can and 2. When I do have to make purchases, make sure they’re pieces that I can wear during pregnancy, when the baby is born, and way after. So far, it hasn’t been too hard given that most of my clothing is intentionally oversized…it’s almost a prerequisite to create oversized clothing if you’re a sustainable brand. I’m not mad at it. Give me comfort especially in my current state.
Tried and True Favorites
I wanted to share 6 of my tried and true maternity friendly favorites that I actually own. They’re also in constant rotation in my wardrobe. If you’re thinking of creating a maternity capsule collection, these pieces are a great starting point.
Most of these items are not designed solely for pregnant women, rather I think of them as pieces meant for a constantly changing body. If there’s one thing I want to feel during this time it’s that I want to feel like me.
- Elizabeth Suzann Harper Tunic: the giant single pocket sold me on this one. I wear it all the time and still feel put together.
- Uzinyc Disko Cube Top: I spotted the Disko Cube top while browsing Sunchild (also an amazing online boutique) and it was the type of piece to fulfill my love of pattern. I love how it’s boxy and how the sleeves are wing-like.
- Tradlands Jude Pullover (gifted): The Jude Pullover is a perfect transition from winter to spring. It’s not too thick either so it’s easy to layer. I’ve also been wearing this nearly every day since WFH,
- ARQ High Rise Undies & Wide Strap Bra: I knew I had to a buy a set when I saw how everyone looked so beautiful in their pieces. They’re wildly comfortable and I still feel so good in them.
- Mien Studios Lakeside jumpsuit: I have 3 Lakeside jumpsuits from Mien studios that are in frequent rotation in my closet. I also bought 2 out of the 3 pieces years before I got pregnant. It’s super flattering in every way.
- Tradlands Nico Dress (gifted): The Nico Dress along with the Jude Pullover is part of Tradlands’s Spring/Summer collection. This dress came in last weekend, and I’ve worn it nearly every day since. The dress is also coming out in their gorgeous Caroline print on April 21st. I am so wildly excited for it.
How about you? Do have any advice on buying maternity-friendly pieces? I am still in the market for some pants, but at the rate I’m going, I might just say “see you later” to pants for the rest of my pregnancy.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Style Approximately may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website. Style Approximately is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.